My name is Annis Jones. I made my personal decision to follow Christ, my Savior, at the age of 9. I have been married to my boyfriend Ken, whom I met at church, since 1969. We have two wonderful sons and two godly daughters-in-law who have blessed us with five wonderful grandchildren. I retired from nursing education after 30 years. My favorite pastimes are gardening, traveling, hunting with my husband, and spending time with my sweet family. I love being involved in my church through the prayer ministry, women’s Bible study, and the wonderful fellowship of other believers.
God has shown me many spiritual treasures over the years. These spiritual treasures, discovered through God’s Word, godly authors, and Bible study teachers faithfully teaching God’s truth, have guided and encouraged me as I have walked with Him.
Through personal experiences in my life, I have learned the importance of knowing God’s Word and maintaining open communication with my Heavenly Father through prayer. This has been an exciting journey as I discovered the riches of memorizing God’s Word and its personal application for me. It is my passion to share these spiritual treasures.
In 2013, I wrote a book to guide others in their daily time of prayer and Bible study. This book, My Time With the Lord: Prayer and Bible Memory Verse Journal, grew out of a need for an inspirational and organized personal time with the Lord. I am now working on a second edition, A Relationship of Intimacy and Knowledge: A Guide for Thoughtful Prayer and Purposeful Bible Study. This new edition, coming soon, includes even more encouraging verses and inspirational guides.
I am so blessed to have Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I am now over 70 years old and have had many experiences of hope and power. As I share these spiritual treasures in this blog, I pray it will be an encouragement to you as you walk with the Lord.
- I believe that Christianity is not about religion but about God’s mercy and grace.
- I believe in Almighty God, the Creator of heaven and earth. I believe in His mercy and grace.
- I believe in God, holy and righteous, who is my Father, Abba, who loved me and sent His only son to die for my sins past, present, and future.
- I believe that I am a sinner and that there is nothing I could do to save myself or earn salvation. I believe that it is the gift of God through Jesus Christ our Lord. I believe that “if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
- I believe in Jesus Christ, who after being crucified for the sins of the world, rose victorious over sin and death. “For God so loved the world He sent His only son that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. “ (John 3:16)
- I believe that “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 19:9 NLT)
- I believe that Jesus Christ, after going to be at the right hand of the Father, loved us enough to fill every believer with His Holy Spirit, who guides, comforts, and teaches us through His Word as we walk through this life. (John 14:16; 16:7)
- I believe that the Bible, God’s gift to us, points us to Him. It is His verbally inspired Word and without mistakes, as originally written. It is the complete revelation of His will for salvation, the perfect guide for my walk as a believer of Jesus Christ. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- I believe in a God who loves me so much He wants to maintain a vibrant relationship every moment of every day through His Spirit, His Word the Bible, and prayer.
- I believe that God has prepared a place for me that when I die, I will be with Him forever throughout all eternity. (John 14:2) Glory to God in the Highest!
- I want to share the love of God and the intimate relationship that is available to us as believers.
- I want to inspire and encourage others in the discovery of the many spiritual treasures that God has revealed to me through His Word; sharing the love of God in everyday experiences, school, marriage, family, relationships, and a daily walk with Him.
- I hope to bring a message of joy and strength to believers as they walk through the joys, sorrows, and daily challenges of this short time we have here on this earth.
- I desire to inspire and guide others in an intimate relationship with the Lord through prayer and to show how vital prayer is; the power we have available to us as we communicate with Him.